Preventing deaths from suicide needs involvement and support from all levels of the community, business and government.
The TSPCN provides all Tasmanians interested in suicide prevention, with a voice and the ability to influence decision-making in suicide prevention at a state and local level.
Anyone can become a member of the TSPCN, and the level of your involvement with the activities of the TSPCN is your choice. Sign up now (click here).
Some activities of the TSPCN include:
- Holding meetings around the State to discuss ideas, learn from each other, and share information on initiatives in regard to promoting mental health, reducing stigma around mental illness and suicide, suicide prevention, early intervention and post vention;
- Belonging to working groups to progress ideas that the TSPCN identifies as important, and to help organise our two main annual events the annual TSPCN Forum and the LIFE Awards;
- Developing resources to assist the community and service providers to refer people to the most appropriate service for their needs;
- Assisting to develop Community Action Plans; and
- Communicating the discussions and recommendations of the TSPCN membership to the State Government through the Tasmanian Suicide Prevention Committee.
You can view the TSPCN's Terms of Reference to find out more about who we are and what we do.
To become a member of the TSPCN or to find out more about how you or your community could benefit through the activities of the TSPCN please contact a Suicide Prevention Project Officer as follows:
Phone: 1300 364 277
Join the mailing list: Sign up now (click here)